Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Safaricom

Email setup fail

Hi!

I have the Bold 2, 9700. I had my email account all set up and was working fine until I had to upgrade my sim card a few days ago. My email setup disappeared and now everytime I try and re set it up by going to setup > set up wizard > email set up> i get teh following message " your device had a problem connecting to the server." and everytime I retry I get tehs ame message.

Eevrything else on the phoen works fine and am not having any other issues. I have also tried to reboot several times.

Any help appreciated!

Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email setup fail

Please do this, turn off any WiFi connection first.

Then, look at your Manage Connections screen on the device... then to Services Status.

What is the BlackBerry Internet Service Connection: ?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Safaricom

Re: Email setup fail

Hi, I have turned off the wifi. Checked the service status. It is on Mobile Network.