Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Email setup only has Blackberry Enterprise server option. Does not have internet service option

Hello,

I also tried the website method you recommended however I would have to download ANOTHER Blackberry Software.

All I want is the new software for my Bold 9000 but whatever I do, nothing works.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Email setup only has Blackberry Enterprise server option. Does not have internet service option

Thanks, 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: SFR

Used Blackberry causing big headaches when roaming

Dear sdgardne:

I'm sorry to bother you but I'm taking a shot in the dark here.  I bought a used Bold 9900 recently that was originally activated by Orange France.  Working with my carrier, SFR, I was able to set up my email account via BIS and the phone works perfectly in France.  As soon as I roam however I cannot connect to any carrier.  I have tried every trick I can think of, or can find and I can confirm that there are no configuration issues and that the phone is fully enabled for international roaming.

I read something in a forum, I can't find it now, that if a phone's PIN is not correctly entered with RIM this will prevent you from roaming since the host carrier will 1) confirm your roaming priviledges with your home carrier and 2) confirm with RIM before granting access.

Is this true?  I'm concerned that RIM still thinks my phone is registered with Orange.

Your advice/feedback would be appreciated.

Patrick

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Used Blackberry causing big headaches when roaming

Hello,

pgrillo wrote:

I read something in a forum, I can't find it now, that if a phone's PIN is not correctly entered with RIM this will prevent you from roaming since the host carrier will 1) confirm your roaming priviledges with your home carrier and 2) confirm with RIM before granting access.

Is this true?  I'm concerned that RIM still thinks my phone is registered with Orange.

I have no idea about that level of detail. All I do know is that, when I was roaming often, it took 2 "failed" trips to get my carrier to properly configure my services, even though each time they said it was fine. Only after the 2nd failed trip and incredible persistence with the carrier were we able to get them to properly configure my services so that I could roam internationally. But all that needed to be done was with my carrier...there was nothing for me to do independently.

The BlackBerry service functions such that one BB PIN can be registered with only one carrier system anywhere in the world at any one moment in time. If your BB indeed were still registered with Orange, then SFR would quite simply not be able to activate it on their network at all, much less enable international roaming for you. So, I suspect that you too must be quite persistent with SFR for only they can configure your services correctly as well as tell you if your suspicions are correct...no one here, on this user-to-user community, has any access to any systems to inquire formally about anything at all.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................