09-24-2008 10:34 AM
Just got my first blackberry, curve 8310.
Been trying to set my email up on the device but there seems to be a few problems.
Guides and intstructions tell me to use the setup wizard and choose add a new or create an email account etc...
when i go into the setup wizard the only options i have are ;
- i want to use a work email account with blackberry enterprise server
- i want to skip email setup.
All i want to do is hook up my personal googlemail account to the device, blackberry is for personal purposes only.
I have an 8310 using v4.2 device software.
someone please help me!!
09-24-2008 10:37 AM
Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.
You must have a BB Data Plan from your carrier enabled on your account. Do you?
Once you do, you will get the icon pushed to your device "Setup Personal email" at which place you can configure that.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
09-25-2008 12:54 AM
- Go to Email Settings icon on your device
- Login using the user name and password (if already set by you)
- Under Services click on Email Account
- Click on Add An Email Account to integrate any POP or IMAP enable email (i.e... gamil, hotmail, ISP mail etc)
- To create BlackBerry.net ID click on Create A BlackBerry Email Address
- Type your preferred User Name and enter your Password for that ID
After every successful email integration you'll receive an confirmation email from Activation Server. That's it!! You're done with BIS email ID integration.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit