Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Email sync - Gmail

Hi everyone,

I'm a Gmail user and have set my Blackberry Curve 9360 up to retrieve my emails etc.

However it's very frustrating when I read my emails on my laptop and when I look at my phone they're all still flashing as unread, despite me reading/replying to them/deleting them in my main mailbox online. Is there a way that you can set your emails up to actually sync with the device so I don't have to go through my mail twice on 2 different devices?

Even the most simple android phone has this capability so I'm struggling to see why I can't get this to work on my Blackberry. Contacted Blackberry help on Twitter and they weren't much use.

Any advice welcome. Jynx

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email sync - Gmail

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please refer:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Depending on how you have your Gmail integrated, then you could be experiencing different results. For example, if you only allow GMail to face POP for your account, then you will only receive those reconciliation capabilities listed for POP. If you instead face IMAP, you will have more capabilities. Note carefully please that you control what GMail faces to the Internet for you -- within the GMail web interface, you control if it faces POP, IMAP, or both for your account. But if you change it, you will need to remove and re-integrate the account on your BB so that the new settings can be captured (they don't change on the device/BIS when you change them at GMail). You also need to be certain that, within your BB/BIS email configuration, that you have actually activated all of the reconciliation capabilities that are available.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................