Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Email will not send

[ Edited ]

Help!!!  I will try and make sense of this without writing a novel!!  I am a new BB user - so this is all very new to me and honestly quite frustrating. 

I had the BES set up - but I could not send - I was able to do everything else- update my Outlook calendar, contacts,and tasks. The IT guy was out for a few weeks and during that time someone told me that in order to use the the BB Messenger i needed to have a BB email set up....I went into the email wizard and set up that email account  not knowing that doing that deactivated my BES email!  I didnt care because I can just use the Desktop Redirect anyway for my email (which I would rather do).  But the problem is - I still cant send an email message. 

Sprint is my provider and they originally told me that it is due to a setting on the BES.  Now to top things off - I am/was the first person to go live on the BES.  The test user worked but since I work in IT (I know please no laughing) and have Admin rights the Network Admin thought it had something to do with that  - with conflicting rights.  But now that I am going through Desktop Redirect and skipping the BES all together, shouldnt I be able to send??

Can anyone help me??

Message Edited by mtmandersen on 06-17-2008 07:23 PM
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Email will not send

DO NOT use redirector if you have a BES.

Get it working right the first time and you won't have an issue.

Give the Blackberry to the person who has access to the Blackberry Enterprise Server. Tell them to call their carriers server team support line to go through to correct way of Enterprise Activation.

You shouldn't have even installed Desktop Manager. If installed incorrectly, (ie; as a redirector) it will not work properly no matter how 'frustrated' you get.

If you can't install the BES properly or just can't be bother activating it correctly, then go back to using pull email devices.

Also, if you do want to be lazy, press on the red cross you are getting when you try to send an email. You will see an error message. Put that error message exactly as you see in the search engine of www.blackberry.com/btsc

It will tell you to install the BES properly.

If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Email will not send

you got too many things mixed up, i ll try to clear up: setting up BB email wont distrupt BES service.

From the explanation seems like you have 'Send as' Issue. stop using the desktop redirector if you are using it, delete the desktop(cmime) and desktop(ccal) service books from device.

Reactivate your BB against your BES account and chk this link http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04422&sliceId=SAL_Pub... , all you have to do is take your account from the admin rights and assign send as permission to the BB service account

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.