Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Emails Hard Deleted from Inbox on Outlook 2007 Exchange Client

I hope to be able to resolve an issue we have been experiencing for the past couple of months. It is only happening to one of many users with similar configurations. All users are on the latest Blackberry Desktop versions, I believe 5.0, the Outlook 2007 is an Exchange 2003 Client on a Windows XP workstation. All versions have the latest service packs installed.

The affected person went and bought one of these new touch screen Blackberry devices, with Verizon. I don't recall this happening with his previous device.

All Reconcile options are turned off, auto-archive options, etc. Emails should remain unchanged in Outlook, not opened, not viewed, not deleted, not anything, copies forwarded to the Black Berry Device.

He will open his outlook client on his PC and find all but one or two days of emails in his inbox, all else hard deleted. When we try to recover they go into the inbox, then immediately get hard deleted again.

What BB Settings can I check to ensure that hard delete functions in Outlook cannot take place???

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Emails Hard Deleted from Inbox on Outlook 2007 Exchange Client

Hi,

OK, just a few questions ot get us started:

Is the user on a BES or BIS service plan?

What service books do you have in Options - Advanced Aoptions - Service Books, that end with CMIME?

Thanks in advance.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

Hello, Thanks for the response.

I had him configured on the Verizon BB site for BIS, then changed him to BES, then changed him back to BIS. The reconcile function was not checked in either configuration. All other settings are default, not sure what you mean by Service Books and CMIME?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Not sure if this is still an issue, but did you wipe the device between going between BIS & BES?