Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Emails Read/ Unread

Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased a Bold and I am sync through a BES server. All is working ok but one small issue I have is that when I read an email in Outlook and its marked as read then after I sync the device the email is still showing as unread on my device.

This is driving me nuts, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: Emails Read/ Unread

One of our users just had this issue.  I was advised to do the following - if you have more than one email on your device you will need to do it for each:

When you are in the mailbox, click the trackball and mark all previous as open or read.  This is the only solution I have found so far and it seems to be a reoccuring issue - you may have to do it again down the road.

Thanks CWilson but this kind of defaeats the purpose of syncing the device. When there are unread mails in my Outlook inbox and I sync the device then I want a complete replication of my Outlook inbox to be transferred.

Bump

Hi guys, any more with any other suggestions?

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Are you using Outlook 2003 or 2007? If so can you see if you have cached exchange mode turned on? If so turn it off and test sending yourself a message a nd mark it unread, and see if it reconciles properly. If it does turn cached exchange mode back on and try it again.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted

Thanks for the advice jmrmb80. Ill give it a go and let you know later.