Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Emails delivered to multiple mailboxes?

sagarvichare wrote:

Dear Team

I got a similar problem here.

I have configured three email accounts on my Blackberry bold.

1) Gmail Account

2) Office A office  ID using- enterprise activation

3) Office B office ID- using BES (Account is created on Airtel.Blackberry.com)

Problem- Mails sent to B office is appearing in A office Inbox as well into Boffice inbox. This is quite irritating. Where as gmail is not having any problem. On few articles i came across for this they have mentioned that the BB software is designed like this & mail will appear to the global inbox.

Is there any solution for this? I wan the emails sent to A oofice or B Office should appear in the respective email box?

Please help

Hi and Welcome!

Can you clarify something, please? Items 2 and three seem redundant -- as in, Enterprise = BES...so you have two BES services activated on your BB?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

EDIT: Just saw this is addressed in another thread. It is a BB thing, to an extent. Smiley Wink

Anyway, a complete explanation of the anomaly is found here ...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=24747

---

First time, long time ...

Let me try to clarify my problem, without using the three-account example posted by sagarvichare.

I have two accounts ...

1) Work email, pushed from BB server (inbox icon looks like an envelope)

2) Gmail, which I added to the device after I received (inbox icon looks like a smaller envelope with a globe on the bottom)

Someone sends an email to my Gmail account. It shows up in both inboxes. Both inboxes light up with the red new message star. I don't want this. I want the Gmail to go to the Gmail inbox and my work email to go into the work email inbox.

FWIW, I went to my local BB geek and he told me it's just a BB thing, I wouldn't understand (and there's no fix). Just makes for a very clogged work email inbox!!

Appreciate any help.

Message Edited by jbatl on 09-10-2009 08:15 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can you clarify something, please? Items 2 and three seem redundant -- as in, Enterprise = BES...so you have two BES services activated on your BB?

Yes there are two accounts but configured in a different way.

Office A id is configured using Blackberry manager- Standard process that we add use to blackberry manager & do the enterprise activation

Seconf account Office B ID is configured on Balckberry Airtel Server (Airtel.Blackberry.Com) & simply we added there the office B ID. The movement we add this account the additional Inbox appeared on Blackberry device.

The all the mails which are marked to Office B is appearing in Office A ID INBOX also.

I hope you got the configuration now.

Regards

sdgardne wrote:

sagarvichare wrote:

Dear Team

I got a similar problem here.

I have configured three email accounts on my Blackberry bold.

1) Gmail Account

2) Office A office  ID using- enterprise activation

3) Office B office ID- using BES (Account is created on Airtel.Blackberry.com)

Problem- Mails sent to B office is appearing in A office Inbox as well into Boffice inbox. This is quite irritating. Where as gmail is not having any problem. On few articles i came across for this they have mentioned that the BB software is designed like this & mail will appear to the global inbox.

Is there any solution for this? I wan the emails sent to A oofice or B Office should appear in the respective email box?

Please help

Hi and Welcome!

h
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jbatl wrote:

EDIT: Just saw this is addressed in another thread. It is a BB thing, to an extent. Smiley Wink

Anyway, a complete explanation of the anomaly is found here ...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=24747

jbatl -- so, with your edit (and find), do you have your answer? The ways to "fix" it are within that found thread...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III

sagarvichare wrote:

Office A id is configured using Blackberry manager- Standard process that we add use to blackberry manager & do the enterprise activation

Seconf account Office B ID is configured on Balckberry Airtel Server (Airtel.Blackberry.Com) & simply we added there the office B ID. The movement we add this account the additional Inbox appeared on Blackberry device.

Yup -- Office A is BES. Office B is BIS. See this:

By default, BES email is put only into the Messages icon/app. BIS emails are placed into their own icons, but they remain contained in the main Messages app. This is how it works by default. It is not redundant -- rather, think of Messages as the catch-all place, with the independent BIS icons being a filter, pulling (from Messages) to them only the messages that pertain to them...but if you act on an email (read, delete, etc.) in one, the change will be reflected in the other.

Your BES Admin can push a BES-only email icon to your device. This solution is free, but must be conducted at the BES server, and will affect all users on that BES server.

Or you can get the Empower BES Inbox application. This solution costs (per user), but does not require a change at the server, and only affects the one user.

Neither solution will do anything about Messages -- it will continue to contain everything that it today contains. All they will do is activate an additional icon on your homescreen that is a filter for your BES-only emails. You can hide or move the Messages icon/app somewhere out of the way, but beware -- there are more than just emails that arrive in Messages...there will come a day when you have a new message flag and only by digging through Messages will you be able to find that message.

Hopefully that helps explain how it all works!

Good luck!