Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Emails in my Contacts?

hello.
I am the proud owner of a Blackberry Torch 9800.
I have wanted a blackberry for years and have wanted a torch since it came out.
They are absolutely beautiful and i was extatic when i was bought one.

It was originally on orange but i had it unlocked, placed my vodafone sim in it and signed up for the blackberry tariff.

Thing is, i set everything up, but i regret setting up the Email.
I have all these pointless email addresses in my phone book?! (contacts)
I dont need them and its getting all my phone numbers muddled as i have MANY of my friends email accounts on there.

as i went from a LG to a blackberry, my contacts were lost so i had to add most of them manually using my friends phones.

I have tried wiping and restoring- which i cant be assed doing anymore as i have to re-set everything-, deleting my email account on the blackberry and nothing works. I love my torch but i am sick of these pointless email accounts in my contact list.

Thanks in advance.Smiley Wink

Contributor

Re: Emails in my Contacts?

So obviously noone knows....
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What type of email are you using?

Some emails account will sync contacts to your device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Its hotmail Smiley Happy
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Hot mail does sync contacts.

You can't have separate address books in this case, but you can assign your contacts to different categories, Email and Cell numbers. This will allow you to sort through them whne you want to.

Another trick is to name the hotmail account people to show their name as with a key word to know it is an email address.

I put the word cell infront of my cell contacts to find them easier.

Or you could use the mobile version of hotmail webmail instead of access it direct on the phone. THis will remove the contact in hotmail from sync to the Torch.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor

I deleted my hotmail account and logged into the mobile one and nothings changed :/