Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Emails removed from BlackBerry Inbox

I am using the 8330.  My email domain is managed through Yahoo!  I recieve emails on my BB device, but most messages dissapear from my BB inbox.  Some messages disappear faster than I can read them, or disappear after a few hours.  How do I keep the messages on my BB?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Emails removed from BlackBerry Inbox

Sounds like your device is running low on memory. For a quick fix try this: Go into Options | Status and look at the File Free numbers. Then reset your phone by removing the battery for 1 min then replacing it. Afterwards look at your File Free number again to see if it increased. Check the following link for ways to free up additional memory on your device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

I did the reset and my file free memory went up.  My BB is only a month old so I don't have a lot of baggage on it.  My file free memory is 35,714,255B.  Is that low?  Is that why the emails disappear so quickly?

Thanks for the help.

Elite I

Yes, that means you have 35MB free. What was the number at before you reset? Did other items disappear like call logs or sms messages? Unless that File Free number was close to 0, then you should be ok.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Contributor

Prior to the reset I was 28.5MB.  I don't have any SMS messages.  The call log did not disappear.

My emails keep disappearing very quickly.  The messages are usually just text - no large attachments.  For example, the message I got from this forum notifying me of your reply posting is now gone from the BB device.  Does this have anything to do with the Yahoo! or Outlook settings?  The messages in my Outlook inbox do not disappear.

Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Do you have any apps that live in memory when not being used? For example I have BB locator which is always on.

Go to OPTIONS STATUS and look at the battery charge, and pass it along. I have seen a low battery cause similar symptoms.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Battery life is 100%.  The only app I installed is google search.  Everything else came on the device.
Elite I

When you go into applications to you use File | Close to get out of them, or the ESC key. If you use the ESC key then there still running in memory. Check which APS may be running in the background by doing the following?:

1. Use ALT+ESCAPE in any screen
  2. From the home screen do ALT+CLICK | Switch Application

Now some applications are always running (i.e. Messages, Home Screen, Browser). Can you list which ones you have?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

How are you setup, BIS or BES?

Do your emails show up on your PC?

What email service provider do you use?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Re: Re: Emails removed from BlackBerry Inbox

When I click on switch app, then it shows browser, home, messages, call log, and BB msgr.