Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Emails sometimes appear ... then disappear (BIS)

Several weeks ago, I noticed that an email I had read while at a red light had disappeared when I parked and was going to reply to it. I thought that was strange and decided to pay particular attention to my emails. I also decided to do a soft reset of my BBerry Bold every couple of days in case it was a memory leak that caused the problem

It happened again about a week later. The first time, I wasn't 100% sure about it ... but this time I was! I had opened up one of my email addresses (I use BIS to receive emails from 3 different accounts), then closed that particular message folder after scanning the new emails. When I opened up that email folder later, one of the emails I had read was definitely gone. (FYI, the machine I use to receive emails at work is shut down when I leave the office...)

I called Rogers about it and the TSR who answered said he had never heard anything about this particular issue. He said that, if it happened again, I should call them up and they would walk me through re-installing the firmware on the Bold.

Anyone here heard of a similar issue? And how do I get rid of it???

Thanks very much,

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Emails sometimes appear ... then disappear (BIS)

Could be an OS issue, i don't think so, offhand.

First thing? Check the File Free at Options > Status, what is the number at File Free?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Emails sometimes appear ... then disappear (BIS)

Thanks J.

File Free is 12,649,544 bytes. After a soft reset, File Free is 18,701,004 bytes...

Not sure if that is good or bad...