Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Emails won't delete off of my blackberry - they just get marked as high priority instead. Makes a lot of sense.

When i delete an email on my blackberry in my gmail account - it does not matter whether i choose 'on mailbox and handheld' or 'on handheld' - the email does not delete itself. 

It is still sitting there in my list of emails but now it says (0 Items) in the header and has one of the gold stars next to it (the kind you usually select to add when an email is important) and i can no longer open the email. 

I have tried everything in the options menu including:

-Trying to delete the message again

- Remove star

- Move to inbox

-Reconcile now

but nothing happens. 

I even deleted this email address off of my blackberry and re-added it and still nothing.

What is going on here?

All other posts about deleting emails have to do with reconciliation issues - that is not the problem here. 

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Emails won't delete off of my blackberry - they just get marked as high priority instead. Makes a lot of sense.

In your BIS login, where you setup the Gmail email push to your account, did you select the "reconcile deleted items" checkbox? If I read what you stated correct, this may not be the issue--just wanted to ask.

You're looking at the Advanced Gmail folder, which shows the email in a threaded view (if you have a back and forth exchange with a contact, all emails will show in the thread)?

I wonder if there is still one in that thread not deleted, which keeps what you have deleted to appear as not deleted?

Does that make sense?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Tour 9700
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Emails won't delete off of my blackberry - they just get marked as high priority instead. Makes a lot of sense.

Same problem here but was showing that I had text's even though I deleted them!  I removed all of my texts and then viewed "folders" - deleted the few things from there, turned off, removed battery.   Upon restart, the indicator was gone.

My Device: Tour 9630

I'm also having the exact same problem and have tried the same solutions, but nothing has worked.  I can't get rid of emails from my gmail folder on my phone.  Instead it just puts a star by the email and shows that it has 0 items.  I've yet to find a way to get rid of these.  This just started 2 days ago for me on May 19th.

My gmail folder has behaved correctly for months up until now and my work email folder continues to behave correctly.

My phone is also showing me that I have 4 new emails, but they are nowhere to be seen.  Not in my work folder, not in my gmail folder, not in my "all messages" folder.

I have no idea what's going on, but if someone could help that would be great!!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? It started happening to me yesterday, and it's only affecting one of my email accounts on my Blackberry Tour. I can only read emails in the account; I can't send replies, and trying to delete freezes the screen and I have to cancel out of the whole mailbox. I can send replies from the "messages" inbox, and delete, but then the weird 0 messages-star thing happens in the original inbox. I'm on Verizon.

Thanks for your help.

My Device: tour
My Carrier: verizon

Not sure if you guys were able to solve this problem or not, but this just started happening to me the other day too...i just figured out how to fix it!

go to setup>> email settings>>edit the email account in question>>scroll down to synchronization options>>make sure deleted items is CHECKED

then i restarted my device.

i was also having problems with my emails not being able to send, and all the attempted emails that i had tried to send out the past few days all showed up too. all my email issues are gone!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I followed your advice, but my problems still remain. Hmm. Wonder if Blackberry is aware of this problem?

My Device: bold
My Carrier: orange

I've had exactly this problem for a week now and it's driving me nuts.  Can't find a solution anywhere

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Had this problem too and found the answer on another forum - turn the Blackberry off - remove the battery and then replace it and turn the device on again. Hey presto, all those annoying starred emails have gone! Well, it worked for me!

Visitor
My Device: Bold

Hi-

I am having the exact same problem with a brand new Bold. After reinstalling the battery, the problem goes away for a while, but then it returns.  The messages in the inbox appear with the (0 items) and a gold star after deleting, but as others have mentioned you can't click into the message or archive it.

I am pretty sure, however that it is deleting off the Gmail account, just not off the handheld. 

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this?

I've put in a call to verizon and they will be speaking to Blackberry later today.

I'll let everyone know what they come back with.

Thanks