10-01-2010 12:36 PM
I have a strange issue with my Blackberry Tour 9630, it doesn't initiate calls, error message:
Emergency Calls Only!
-since the message is instant, it seems more like a barring in the phone than a network response
In the CDMA service menu (##000000) all settings are still Verizon's settings.
The steps I already did:
1. Test the SIM in different phone, works
2. Replace the SIM with a new one from T-mobile to exclude chip issue
3.Downgrade the software from 5.x to 4.x
4. Changed the network to GSM/UMTS and 2G
5. T-mobile did reset my location
6. Removed IT policy
7. Changed MSISDN and the value below (CDMA service menu)
8. Wiped everything
9. Deleted the device OS using JL_Cmder so phone got empty and than reloaded new OS
10. CDMA service menu:
changed Mobile Directory Number to actual
changed IMSI_S leave blank
changed Home SID
changed Home NID
11. I was talking to T-mobile and RIM for about 4 hours.
After all the above and by trying to find the source of this error by elimination,
it is almost sure that the error is caused by either the phone OS or a configuration settig and not the network.
If someone hase some more info, please advise. Thank you!
10-02-2010 06:49 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Forums!
While very thorough, the one thing I don't think I see in your list is unlocking your BB from it's original carrier (a prerequisite for using it on a different carrier). See this FAQ.