Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: What's carrier?

Emergency!!!!.....Stuck on BB Device Software Update....Bold 9780...lol HELP!!

[ Edited ]

I had previously threaded for help on the following problems

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/A-couple-of-questions-for-my-recently-purchas...

and was told to update the device softwares. So I did it.

After installing the BB Desktop software, I connected my BB 9780 to the computer. There was a reminder telling me to select "Backup" before going on to upddate. So did I.

Then the software started to update but before the device being updated, the desktop software reminded me to update the desktop software itself. After that the device update starts. There are in total 4 steps shown here:

1. Back up (completed)

2. Install (completed)

3. Reboot (It shows: "Connecting to device, it might take up to 30 mins") YES, IM STUCK HERE, FOR 2 HOURS!!!!

4. Restore

And yes, there is this message at top saying :"during these steps, do not disconect your device or interrupt this process as it could make your device unusable."

lol

So the progress bar shows a rough 10% left and I have been waiting for about 2 hours!!! Crazy!! My device is rebooted on its own on step 3 and all my previous device details (contacts, emails, msg, etc.) are NOT THERE, though I can see some of my previously installed apps - but no longer in their respective folders as initially organized  by myself. Also I found the system being significantly SLOWER as compared to the speed before I update. But, the most uncomfortable part now, is still I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

I can't afford risking losing all my previous info by just unplugging my device. Nor can I have any solution to this mess. I have previously got into problems with my device and was told to update the software as a solution. But now I simply get into MORE trouble. I seriously do not know what to comment on RIM now....

Please, if you are so kind, please help me out of this mess. I simply cannot give up any more time on these simple issues which were supposed to be smoothly happening...

Many thanks, for everything.

New Contributor

Re: Emergency!!!!.....Stuck on BB Device Software Update....Bold 9780...lol HELP!!

Anyway....I unplugged my phone as I can't wait forever. Now I am trying to re-connect the device but it seems taking forever to connect. Even though I use the Apploader.exe file in the common files folder.

I am totally lost and disappointed....lol

New Contributor

Re: Emergency!!!!.....Stuck on BB Device Software Update....Bold 9780...lol HELP!!

and yes...I lost everything in my phone.....even though it shows in step 1 that back up is done, the software still shows me "never backed up" after I unplugged and re-connected my device....