Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Emoticons

Hi All,

I'm a Blackberry newbie and am trying to figure out if I can use emoticons with SMS and/or MMS. Also, what exactly is Blackberry messenger and how is it different than the other forms of messaging?

Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Emoticons

as the name, BB messnger is only works between BB's. you can only add a friend who is using BB and its free becauuseit used PIN messaging. the emoticons are bulit in the messenger. its under show symbols
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Thanks for the response about BB Messenger - no one I know has a Blackberry so that won't do me much good. Smiley Sad

Also, what about emoticons using other applications such as SMS and MMS?

Thanks.

Contributor

Thank you for the information it was quite helpful. I just bought a curve which is an upgrade from my pearl which I never used to full potential because I hated the keyboard.  The curve is Awesome I love it and everyday I am learning something new about it.  I found this forum when I googled emoticons for blackberry and I thank you for your information.  Because as you know you can spend hours downloading applications for the blackberry.  I also have found that if you are not careful you will pay for applications you can get for free.