Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: O2

Empower SMS - a warning

I recently tried to purchase Empower Threaded SMS for a number of handsets that I own.

I knew there was a free version, but I wanted the paid version as I liked the software.

I installed it on eight 8820s. On 2 of them, it installed, and I paid for it. I have no idea why those 2 installed the full app and the other 6 did not, but no matter.

Having installed the trial version on these 6 handsets, I then tried to update them to the licenced version. In both cases, as far as I can tell, they have taken my money and I have not been given an access code.

I contacted empower support numerous times to ask for help and have been ignored. I have attempted to contact ajanitech but their online contact form is a dud, and they have no telephone number. I have attempted to contact mobihand through which I made the purchase but I cannot find their number.

I have paid for something that I did not receive, which I believe is therefore fraud.

Does anyone

a) know how to actually contact ajanitech or mobihand

b) Know how I can get my money back

c) know of a way to report a fraudulent app supplier to blackberry?

Please send me suggestions.

In the meantime, I am trying out crunchsms.