Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

Enabling BB Device Analyzer (Bold 9900 OS7.1.0.923 Platform 5.1.0.652)

Good day!

I am currently running OS7.1.0.923 Platform 5.1.0.652 Bold 9900.

For whatever reason is that I cannot enable the BB Device Analyzer. I tried clicking the OPTIONS and then type ALT BBDA which of course gave me the characters !!5

Well, I've tried this to no avail. I've done battery pulls etc, tried again and still cannot get it to enable.

Can anyone offer any assistance in this regard? I am having network drop issues that I need to analyze because I am currently involved in a dispute with my carrier about a dead zone near my home.

I truly appreciate any assistance anyone might be able to offer me in this regard.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Enabling BB Device Analyzer (Bold 9900 OS7.1.0.923 Platform 5.1.0.652)

Hello budzbuddy

On your device homescreen if you go to Options > Device > Application Management > are you able to locate BlackBerry Device Analyzer on that list ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I found it. It is a black box with a question mark. So how am I going to enable it?
Elite II

Hi there,

On our Homescreen If we Go to Options > On that Screen if we hold Alt key and type BBDA it will be enabled , you can find it on Options > Device > Advance System Setting > Device Analyzer .

But it should not be shown as question mark as you mentioned , If you are having problem to enable Device analyzer then I suggest you should try to re-install that application , it may fix your issue . To do that Homescreen > Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete BlackBerry Device Analyzer from that list .

Once deleted perform a battery pul restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then re-insert it back . Finally after reboot visit BlackBerry App World and download BlackBerry Device Analyzer . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Hi, there is no option for me to delete the Device Analyzer. How about that?
Elite II

Hi there,

On your device go to Options > Device > Application Management  > locate BlackBerry Device analyzer , Highlight it then press the Menu key > select Delete.

Can you try that . 

Contributor

Actually, I did that earlier. I was under the impression that once I highlight it, I will be able to delete it. What else should I do??
Elite II

Hi budzbuddy

I am really very sorry ! I misinterpreted BlackBerry Device Analyzer with Application Resource Monitor  Smiley Sad 

BlackBerry Device Analyser is Core application which cames with our OS  , you can again refer to this KB and try to enable Device Analyzer again :

KB31922 : BlackBerry Device Analyzer Application is missing on the BlackBerry smartphone

If you still fail to enable it then there is no other way but you have to reload the device OS , so first do a backup of your device using desktop Software then you can try this Knowledge Base to relaod the OS :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

I hope it will solve your issue with BlackBerry Device Analyzer .

Good luck.

Contributor

Hello, 

I tried deleting and re-installing my updated OS (OS7.1.0.923 Platform 5.1.0.652) Unfortunately, I am having the same issue. My theory is that this version does not support the use of BB Device Analyzer via Options then pressing ALT + BBDA. This issue will remain open not unless there is another update for Bold 9900. Thanks for the help.