Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Movistar Argentina

Encrypted photos in Desktop Software 6

I've just upgraded from Desktop Manager 5 to Desktop Software 6.

I realized that Roxio Media Manager is no longer part of this version and BlackBerry Desktop Software can't access encrypted photos (BES Policy) from my device.

Smiley Sad

I feel this as a downgrade...

What can I do to download encrypted pictures from my device?

Thank you all.

Best regards.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Encrypted photos in Desktop Software 6

According to KB23761 encrypted media card transfer is not currently supported in Desktop Software 6.0.  The listed workaround is to downgrade to Desktop Manager 5.0.1.

This is the reason I'm not upgrading.

J.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Encrypted photos in Desktop Software 6

Yeah, about that... T-Mobile level 2 BB support told me that this had been resolved, and to go ahead with the DM6 upgrade. Shame on me for believing them, but now what?!?

Is it me, or is BB extremely short-sighted on this one? If the majority of BB users are business customers, I'd say a good portion of them are BES. How can they just "not include" a *huge* piece of functionality for most of their customers without an acceptable workaround? 

Please, some official RIM representative speak up and tell us how much longer we will have to suffer through this. (Or finally upgrade to an "Aye-phone" or Droid...) Honestly, I'm really trying to stay loyal, but it seems like lately it's about "how much pain can you tolerate" instead of how good the platform is. :-\