Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

End call (red button) broken - need alternative

I have actually given up trying to fix it.

I am actually looking for the alternative way to end a call. Is there any application which allow callers to end a call from the touch screen?! I've looked and I haven't found anything (obviously).

Please advise.

H.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: End call (red button) broken - need alternative

I don't know of an app to do this, but how about using the button on the headset?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Great idea on the headset button. The only other way I can think of is to change the phone settings and enable the device to end the call when placed in the holster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for replies. My headset doesn't allow calls to be disconnected, only muted. I'll check in the accessories store to see if there are other models.

I guess I'll just have to holster it and keep hoping an app will show up one day.

Thanks again.

H.

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: tmobile

it will hang up if u press and hold the button on your headset, if u press it for under 3 seconds (ish i havent counted) it will just mute but if you do it longer it should disconnect the call Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Pressing Hold button doesn't work for me. That would be a nice alternative.

I am holstering phoine now and that seems to be just what I'll have to keep doing.

Thanks anyway...