Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Enterprise Activation on Blackberry Torch

I just bought a Blackberry Torch but have been unable to set up my corporate email using Enterprise Activation. I have the password from my IT group and have also reset the device. I keep getting an error that the Blackberry is unable to connect the server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Enterprise Activation on Blackberry Torch

you only have 24 hrs or 5 tries to activate your enterprise account

Contributor

There are a number of reasons why this could be happening but with the limited information you provided, it's impossible to diagnose. I assume you have a Blackberry Enterprise Server? I assume the company has other Blackberry units that have activated without difficulty? Give us a little more data and we'll give it a shot.

My Device: torch
My Carrier: ATT

I am having the same problem.

Company has a BES, we hit the enterprise activation- I put in my email and the password, but it won't activate my work email account.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

I have the same problem before, try to ask your IT administrator to reset the password, it will work. 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

I am having the same problem. However the only screen I can find for email activation does not appear to be for the enterprise server. What's the exact sequence to get to that screen specifically? That could also be the original problem related to this discussion.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Did you update this yet?

KB13589 - How to update the device.xml and vendor.xml files

Do you have the correct data plan?

What version BES?

have you tried a Wired sync with DTM?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

I have the same problem, only a bit worse... The Enterprise activation icon has disappeared from my advanced system settings.

1. I'm using BB Torch 9800.

2. We have BES in the organization and my Admin has activated the account for my device and has given me 48 hours to try and link.

3. the Enterprise Activation icon was there last night. I tried to activate but it didnt work.

4. this morning the EA icon disappeared.

help...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache liek rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Blackberry Torch (9800)

When you install Blackberry Desktop 6.0 for the 9800 (Torch) it requires you to update your phone software and it is REQUIRED! After this update to your phone, things vanish and move to other locations. Its very frustrating. The location of Enterprise Activation after the update is as follows: Go to All, then options (picture of wrench with blue bolt), Device, Advanced System settings, Enterprise Activation. If Enterprise Activation is not there (like my phone), pull the battery, wait a minute, then put battery back in. If it is still not there, contact AT&T and make sure your data plan is set up properly. Once you have is straightened out with AT&T, wait 10 minutes, pull battery (wait 1 min), put battery back in and the option will be there.