Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Enterprise Activation

Just out of the box but I cannot seem to find the ICON or this option (Enterprise Activation) under advanced options.  A coworker did do a few things and I think activated the Blackberry email but I need access to corporate email and have the password for the blackberry server.  What am I doing wrong?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Enterprise Activation

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Enterprise Activation is strictly for BES activation -- you need to go see your BES admins and have them conduct the steps that they need to on the BES server.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: AT&T

Just to make sure you should call your wireless carrier to ensure you smartphone has a BES data plan. Than you can perform the Enterprise Activation:

1. Activate the Blackberry device by going into Setup Wizard > Email Setup
2. Choose the option "I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server."
3. Insert your full email address
4. Insert the password that your BES administrator provided you with. Note that this is not the same as your Exchange password to view your email. And also remember if the password has number you will need to hold down the ALT key in order to get a numerical value.

And ask your administrator if he's heard of The Message Center, it makes this process so much easier!

Hope this helps,

Poor Service and the Worst Support provided by VarDynamics http://vardynamics.com/
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On the handset, go to:
Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table
and click Register now, and escape back to the home page.

Wait 2 minutes.

Then go to Options - Advanced options.
Do you have the Option Enterprise Activation?

If so then you should be enabled for the BES data plan. if you dont have the BES data plan then the option should be removed from the handset.

IF you have access to BES SRP info get an account here for the new free tools to test Enterprise Activation Readiness .

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified