Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: vodafone

Enterprise E-mail only on 9380

Hi , I have acquired a 9380 to find that I am unable to set up a personal e-mail account because it only has settings for Enterprise e-mail. Vodafone contacted BB and said that it would cost around £100.00 to reprogram the phone for personal/private use.

Are there any other cheaper or alternative option.

Regards jonathan 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Enterprise E-mail only on 9380

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Whoever told you that cost sounds (I will be gentle) quite misinformed! All BBs show Enterprise for email integration, and it's a matter of subscription to a proper data plan that enables also the Internet/Personal selection. That may come with a cost, but it won't be a one-time...rather, it'll be a monthly increase to your plan so as to include BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service, which is what enables all BB-proprietary services).

Unless...wild guess here...does the Vodafone network not natively support the 9380? If that is the case, then indeed there could well be some one-time costs involved. You see, each carrier decides which specific BBs that they will support on their network "automatically". Any other BB models that have the proper radios (so as to even be compatible with their network) would indeed require manual configuration -- since the carrier network does not natively support that model, it won't automatically register the device nor deliver the proper Service Books to enable functionality. If this is your situation, then that agent indeed may have been correct in what they told you, as it's not a simple process to bring a BB onto their network that it does not natively support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: vodafone

Thanks for your help. Vodafone as far as i am aware has never sold this phone. 02 has so should i try there.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

gsijon wrote:

Vodafone as far as i am aware has never sold this phone.

Then my "wild guess" sounds accurate.

gsijon wrote:

02 has so should i try there.

I have no way to predict their answer.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................