Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Previously Verizon, now O2

Enterprise activation missing and phone not registering with Blackberry despite receiving registration confirmation emails

I have an old Blackberry 9930 that was purchased from Verizon.  The phone was unlocked when my contract expired and for the last year I have been using a prepaid sim card from UK mobile provider O2.

I will be traveling back to the UK frequently, so I wanted to setup my phone on Enterprise Activation.  I currently have Blackberry Hosted Exchange through GoDaddy and I have the Blackbery Bolt Data Plan required for Blackberry from O2.

But for some reason when I setup my new BBM userid, my phone thinks it is no longer registered on the blackberry network.  This also precludes me from setting up any kind of mail service on the device.  It instructs me to go to my Host Routing Table and register the device.  I do this and then I receive the confirmation email telling me my phone was registered.  But then I still get the same error message afterwards and still cannot find Enterprise Activation any more under my advanced settings.

Any suggestions?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Enterprise activation missing and phone not registering with Blackberry despite receiving registration confirmation emails

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

A couple more steps to take...With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then here are some articles that might help:

• Article ID: KB13852 Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the Enterprise Activation process
  • Article ID: KB10192 No Enterprise Activation icon is present on the BlackBerry smartphone

Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support, but be sure to not let them fob you off...insist on escalation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................