Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Enterprise option only for email & host routing table blank

Hello

I have a hand-me-down Blackberry Curve 9300 from my brother who bought it new, then used with Sim only contract with a different provider (O2).  He never used it in a Corporate way i.e. with BES.

I have bought a Blackberry enabled Sim only plan from Virgan Mobile to use with it, but when i try to set up email it shows only Enterprise options and of course, this doesn't work.  I don't have any option to use Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

I also cannot get my device registered with the host routing table, despite sending several messages. 

I have wiped my phone several times, I have updated all the software, it still doesn't work.  It doesn't seem to have an IT policy on it.  I can't even register the device with the Blackberry services online with my PIN and IMEI because it says I need to register it with the 'Host Routing Table' thing.  I have spent all day (5+ hours) on the phone to Virgin Mobile today who have tried everything that they can do and say that they can't help anymore.  They have said that my brother needs to speak to O2 (with whom the phone was previously used) to see if they put a block on it.  

I would appreciate your help as am at the end of my tether.  I can provide any further information you might require, please just ask.

New Contributor

Re: Enterprise option only for email & host routing table blank

Also, I have managed to get an Blackberry ID on it for BBM so I assume Virgin have enabled the Blackberry side of things on the data package.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Hello klcwase

On your main screen, type 'manage connections' in search menu. What is BlackBerry Internet Service Status?

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

New Contributor

Hi

Both Blackberry Internet Service and Blackberry Enterprise Server says 'Not Connected'

New Contributor

In more detail: When I go to Service Status under Manage Connections, mobile voice services connected, then the BIS and BES are Not Connected, then below that it says Mobile Network COverage 3G, Provider Virgin, then goes on to state Wi-Fi network (which is our home internet it is connecting to), then Bluetooth status as 'Off'

Forums Veteran I

You must ask your carrier to add BIS BlackBerry Data Plan to your sim card account. Once it's been activated, BlackBerry dots logo will appear next to your signal bar. Register HRT again and BlackBerry Registration message should appear. In manage connection screen, BlackBerry Internet Service will be Connected to Mobile Network and you will able to use BlackBerry data services i.e. BBM, push email, Blackberry World, Facebook for BB etc.

The key is BlackBerry Data Plan must be provisioned for your account. And only your carrier can do that.

Good luck.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

New Contributor

Thanks, I'll get back on to them!

New Contributor

Can I also just ask one more thing: I haven't actually used BBM, but I've asked my sister to send me a BBM message therefore if this works, does that mean I have the Blackberry-enabled services?

Forums Veteran I

Sure, you can ask anytime Smiley Wink. I don't think you will receive her BBM message. She can send it but it will not delivered to you. BlackBerry with OS 7 and earlier devices requires BlackBerry Data Plan to enable BlackBerry data services. Only BB10 OS devices can use generic data plan.

New Contributor

OK, thanks