Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Erroneous text message reference in message log

Greetings:

When I open the message indicator screen—that shows received email, text, FB message—I see the list of messages received along with the phone log.  However in this list I see a text message that does not exist in any folder.  It reads the date and supposed recipient:

11/16     6825

But there is no draft for this text message in the folder, no contact exists for 6825, so I must have created in error when I first received my phone when playing around with it.  The menu options give me no option to delete it anywhere.  When I open the message I see 6825 at the top of the screen as if it was a valid message and the field opens up to compose the text.  I have tried editing the recipients on the ‘To’ line but no matter what I do I cannot delete this message from the message indicator screen. 

How do I remove this draft from the screen???  Any help will be appreciated!  Thank you!!!!

Craig

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Erroneous text message reference in message log

If the message is selected does it delete just tapping the DEL key on the keyboard? Or you can try doing a Delete Prior. So if the message is on the 11/16 date you can select the 11/16/ date heading, hit the menu button and choose Delete Prior. Doing so will delete all messages from that date and back

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

The delete didn't work--in fact, once the 'message' was highlighted tapping delete did nothing, no response at all.  BUT--the 'Delete Prior' worked!  Didn't think of that...first BlackBerry.  I have successfully removed the text message reference.

Thanks very much!  I really appreciate your help...

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Your welcome. Glad to be of assistance.  Smiley Happy

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.