Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Error 10005 : The requested URL could not be retrieved

I have had no problems accessing our company website using my Torch. Since yesterday I get an Error Code : 10005. There is nothing wrong with the website and it can be accessed via Internet Explorer. My partner also has a torch on a different carrier and is also experiencing the same problem. This can only be RIM related. Does anybody have a solution for the problem or does anybody know why this problem occurs.

The website is www.nethold.co.za and I will appreciate feedback whether other Torch or Blacberry users are experiencing the same error.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error 10005 : The requested URL could not be retrieved

Hi there!

I receive the same error on my BB. But, the error window has a "Details" button, which, when I click it, reports "Connection refused by www.nethold.co.za:80". Which tells me that the problem is at the server -- for some reason, it is refusing connections from BB browsers. Further, changing browser identification does not change the result. Consequently, I suggest you contact the website administrator and inquire as to why they are refusing connections from BB mobile browsers.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thanks sdgardne. I appreciate your help. Think you are right that our hosting service is the culprit.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

I have a quick question on this same issue. Would you know why the website would work while I'm on wifi but not while I'm on regular data? When I'n home I have no issues and never get the error code....thanks!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Springzy17 wrote:
I have a quick question on this same issue. Would you know why the website would work while I'm on wifi but not while I'm on regular data? When I'n home I have no issues and never get the error code....thanks!

Hello,

Because websites, firewalls, and other devices can be coded to respond differently based on a variety of factors. One would be the Browser Identification provided by the requesting entity (e.g., IE versus FireFox). Another would be the network path through which the request comes (e.g., from the RIM network versus your home ISP). It's not really possible to say with any further clarity than that, but in the example provided by the OP, there is something on their end that is responding differently for requests coming from a BB versus other pathways.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks!!!
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: tmobile

Any fix for this?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi all,

I'm facing the same problem lately. And my project need to be delivered soon.

I tried to access my web API, the URL is: http://durianapp.com/index.php/api/lpuser/signin/amrishodiq/123456.

I browse to this end point and receive 10005 error code. It's strange since the response is pretty different from other any error response code that I know, which came from BIS gateway (that I recognized from it's Squid footer).

Could anyone share a solution or work around for this? What should I do to my end point? My web API is made with CodeIgniter, could this be a problem? I hope not, because it used to be OK for other end point.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520, Bold 9780, Playbook
My Carrier: Axis

I already discovered whats wrong with you guys, its Blackberry internet browsing service 2 (BIBS2) issue. The only solution is waiting for your carrier to sort out their OS6 service books, or you can do this :

go to options > device > advanced system settings > service book > delete your Blackberry internet browsing service 2.

The problem if you delete BIBS2 is, you gonna loose your google search, so you need type manually google url on your browser, and Sometimes you can't download a huge files if deleting BIBS2. But you dont have too worry BIBS2 will reappear if you restart your blackberry.

Problem solved, everyone is happy Smiley Wink

*sorry for bad grammar* >.<

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: VIVA

Thank's alot

It's work

problem solved