Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: AT&T

Error 102...Recommended update doesn't work

Good evening,

I woke up this morning to my phone saying error 102 reload software and the reset option was highlighted.  I hit reset and it just reboots and the message appears again.  I triend doing the update from the BBdesktop software and that's not doing anything either.  I hit update and the next screen has the option the hit repair, when I do it looks like it's doing something and then a message comes up sayimg there are no updates available and if I want to subscribe to be notified of updates.  Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Error 102...Recommended update doesn't work

Hi La_Nena_de_Papi

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First try this Knowledge Base and try to reload your device Software :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If you encounter any problem then go through this Knowledge Base regarding this error , and follow those suggestion :

KB10068 :  " JVM 102 " error is generated on the  BlackBerry Smartphone

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you...I will try it and hopefully it works...fingers crossed

New Contributor

No luck...this is the sme thing I was doing last night and it doesn't give me the  option to update from the Device option.  It's not connecting so when I click on troubleshoot my connection, I then click update and it just says that I already have the most current version.  I will contact my service rovider and see what I need to do.  Thanks for your help though.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there !

Yes you can always contact your Service provider for any assistance Smiley Happy

But have gone through the Second  Knowledge Base I suggested ? If your device is not recognized then there is an KB for that situation KB10144  within that Knowledge Base . Also it is not nessessary that you should always get an update prompt for our device , but you can reload the same version of OS that we have ,There is an option  " view other version "  have you got while trying ? also update availablility depends on many factor like if your device is already having the most recent OS or the available update depends on our Carrier ., your carrier may not have released any newer version then you have currently in your device .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.