Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Error 102 - Reload Software - Blackberry Torch 9810

Hi.  I took the battery out of my phone and when the phone re-booted I now can only see a white screen with the error 102 and states reload software.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error 102 - Reload Software - Blackberry Torch 9810

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB10068 "JVM 102" error appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I got the same error on the evening of 6OCT11 when I was sending an SMS.

I tried Soft Resets and Battery Pulls afterwards, but they didn't help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Chagger1 wrote:

I got the same error on the evening of 6OCT11 when I was sending an SMS.

I tried Soft Resets and Battery Pulls afterwards, but they didn't help.

Hello,

And, when you read the above-linked KB, you will find a completely different (and, yes, more drastic) recommended fix.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

also try safe mode and remoove the last app you installed

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Visitor

Tonight I recently came across the same problem. I've had this phone for just over a month, and mine just says "Error 102 Reload Software" and it started from when I was downloading an app and deleting another app. I rebooted my phone and the Error message came on.

I clicked on the link that you posted, and I cannot do a clean reload on my phone. I followed the instructions on how to do a clean reload of the device software. According to the BB Desktop Manager, the error I kept getting was that I could not update the device software because the device was still considered "rebooting" or had a dead battery.

I also tried updating the device software through the BB Desktop Manager. Even though I plugged my phone in and my PC could detect my Torch, it couldn't connect to the phone. I clicked on "Connect to Device" and it gave me an error message there. I tried Update, and the Application Loader got shut down due to an error, so Windows had to close it. 

My theory is that there is little to no support for OS7 yet...? And I know it's a small detail but it doesn't say I have a "JVM Error 102".. it just says I have to reload the software. But it won't let me. Today I'm considering going to the AT&T store I bought it from to see their tech support. 

Very frustrating, as you can imagine... so can anyone help me? Anyone have any similar problems? 

New Contributor

Hi.  I had to get mine replaced.   When I went into the AT&T store they said there was nothing I could do and they also informed me that this is very common.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

safe mode failed for me and desktop manager did not reload teh OS either.

so this is what I did

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. My backup failed but you can try to Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5 Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step Took a few device reboots for BBSAk to notice my device though.

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

mine is back to running again

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: torch9810
My Carrier: blackberry

i have the same problem and when i went to that link i did everthing but i cant continue cause it say "the device does not have enough space for your selection , select fewer applications. and the total space is 0 KB x_x what should i do?! i'm not good with computer stuff >_<
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: tbayltel/rogers

I am having  the very  same issue. I also tried safe mode,  but  had  no  success. I looking  in  forums  for help .