Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Error 1316 while trying to uninstall desktop manager.

I've been trying to remove the version 4.7 software from my computer, but everytime i do i get the same "error 1316. a network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\blackberry desktop software.msi".

Any advice on how to fix it? i already tried to re-download the program and then uninstall it, but it still wont work.

All help would be appreciated 

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Error 1316 while trying to uninstall desktop manager.

I am also having this same problem.  I cannot uninstall Blackberry DM.  I can't find the program on my computer anymore.  Please help!  I have to be able to sync my life.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi (both) and Welcome to the Forums!

Here are the clean uninstall instructions:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&slic...

Along with a KB about the 1316 error:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04272&slic...

If you are on Vista, make sure that you run everything with "Run As Administrator". If on XP, make sure you are logged into the machine using an account with administrative rights.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Thank you so much sdgardne!!!  Resolution 2 worked for me I think.  I followed the link and removed the keys and renamed the previous installer to "old" and it worked!  Just in time too!  I'm heading out of town and dreaded the thought of not being able to sync.Smiley Very Happy
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ATT

FEB 24 2011 9:27 AM

Error 1316 when trying to uninstall Blackberrry Manager 5.0.1.40.

ANY HELP? I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7

PLEASE

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Dholmes wrote:

FEB 24 2011 9:27 AM

Error 1316 when trying to uninstall Blackberrry Manager 5.0.1.40.

ANY HELP? I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7

PLEASE

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Wow...big font...kind of annoying.

Please scroll up through the recommendations already provided in this thread. Please review those in detail and attempt the remedies. Please respond with specifics about what the results are.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Sony Vaio provided a reinstall and it is fixed.  Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I used Resolusion 2, it still does not work. I do not know why a new updated software could not remove the old version automatically which causes such a headache. I have not syced my device with my Desktop for weeks.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey chenxm99,

Did you go through all the resolutions in the article?

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey chenxm99,

Did you go through all the resolutions in the article provided above?

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!