Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Error 1722 Uninstall Failure - BDS 6.1

[ Edited ]

Running a Windows 7 machine, and trying to uninstall an old version of BDS (6.1) because I no longer use BB.

I'm getting 'Error 1722 - There is a problem with this Windows Installer package'. This seems to be a common error, but I've yet to see a good solution to the problem.

FYI - THIS DOESN'T WORK: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Cleanly-quot-Starting-Over-quot-with-.... I can't get past step one to do a "clean uninstall". I just get the 1722 Error and a rollback of the uninstall process.

Also, I do NOT want to reinstall or upgrade the software, I want to remove it completely. So: How do I strip out all the BB components from BDS 6.1 from my computer?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error 1722 Uninstall Failure - BDS 6.1

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Even though you don't want to do it, I suggest you install the latest version, and then follow the uninstall instructions to remove it. Sometimes, things in Windows get wonky and a fresh install fixes things adequately to allow the uninstall to work. Again, I know you say you don't want to do this, but I suspect it will work (no guarantees).

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Okay, tried this, and now I'm getting error 1723: "There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run"

New Contributor

Getting a second error now when I retried the download: Error 1316 "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\Installer\BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi"

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

fellicitya wrote:

Getting a second error now when I retried the download: Error 1316 "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\Installer\BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi"

Well, at least that one has an actual KB:

• Article ID: KB04272 "Error 1316 A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi" when trying to uninstall/upgrade BlackBerry Desktop Software

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................