Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Sasktel

Error 1723 - Problem with Blackberry Software Download

[ Edited ]

Trying to download BB DesktopSoftware using BB User Tools disc and BB website as directed - for Torch 9800.  Tried on 3 different computers, one less than a year old.  Error 1723 keeps interrupting - "There is a problem with this Windows Installer pkg.  A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personnel or pkg. vendor.  Action RepairRimUsbDriverNT.07D232B6_7904_4970_8B22."  Can someone help to overcome this error???  We need this so that we can re-install missing email and BB App World icons KB10040 and KN14473.  Frustrating!!!  Nothing but problems with this BB - want to change to another supplier but have too much on this phone that we can't transfer/email before changing.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error 1723 - Problem with Blackberry Software Download

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I don't find anything with that exact error in the public KBs...hence, I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

But...

frenchie10 wrote:

We need this so that we can re-install missing email and BB App World icons KB10040 and KN14473.   

Technically, the Desktop Software should not be required for either of those problems...

frenchie10 wrote:

We need this so that we can re-install missing email

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

frenchie10 wrote:

We need this so that we can re-install...BB App World icons 

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run..

Action:

RepairRimUsbDriverNT.07D232B6_7904_4970_8B22

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

brianwilliams628 wrote:

A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run..

Action:

RepairRimUsbDriverNT.07D232B6_7904_4970_8B22

Hello,

Ummm...there's an awful lot discussed in this thread...can you possibly tell us which portion this specifically happens for you at? Remember, we can't see you... Also, you can search for the error and possible resolutions in the public KB database:

You also can search this site for the error message...perhaps someone has experienced it before, and perhaps even has a "fix" that will work for you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

I fixed this error by removing the battery from my BlackBerry and replacing it.

My BlackBerry Torch 9800 and my Desktop Software is synchronising perfectly again.

I must remember this quick fix in future rather than spend time on the Internet looking at all the possible causes of the error.