Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error 507

Actually, perhaps it's that you don't quite understand how the support model actually works. In some regions, there are "branded" BB Support Centers. In other regions, there are no such entities. In all cases, where you receive formal in-person support is a matter of the contractual relationship, as defined at the time of device purchase or service subscription (depending on which is the issue, the support channel can be different).

In nearly all cases, device-level formal support (which is what I believe you require) starts with the original place of purchase...at the time of the original purchase, the method for formal device-level support would have been defined in that original purchase contract. Sometimes, it is the actual place of purchase. Other times, it is a Service Center. Still other times, it may be some other assigned entity. But, in all cases, this is documented at that time of purchase...so you should refer to your purchase documents to discover what your actual responsibilities and requirements are concerning obtaining of formal support. Alternatively, ask the place where you purchased the device what your support options are.

If you remain in warranty, you may well have even more stringent requirements that you must follow in order to not void your warranty. If you have no warranty, then your options are much greater -- as well as more costly to you. In most all major cities in the world there are a variety of shops that can provide support, for a fee of course. You may want to investigate that as well.

But, to assume that there should be some dedicated service center entity is an excellent way to set yourself up for disappointment...other manufacturers have their own models for support, BB has theirs. Neither is right nor wrong...they just are what they are.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................