Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: safaricom

Error 602 on the white wall paper

hello there, i do have a torch 9860, the phone stared by not booting. then after the settings were defaualted, its now showing E602 on the white wallpaper. what can i do to repair it and to make sure it never happens again

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Error 602 on the white wall paper

Hello kagwah

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Try this Knowledge Base to recover your device from this error :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

No one can specifically say the cause of this error , if this error appeared after installing any application then you  need to be careful and don't install any unknown app , but sometime those error may appear without any reason , those are Java errors in which a user can't do anything .So the most important thing is that we should do a regular backup of our device , as in your situation , while following this KB to recover your device  you will loose all data within your device. I hope you have a previous backup from which you can restore . 

Additional Information :

KB23950 :  "App Error 602" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.