Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9380
My Carrier: Loop Mobile

Error 692 when using blackberry curve 9380 as modem through USB

Hi, 1)I had blackberry device manager on my laptop. I used my handheld as a modem and downloaded blackberry desktop software successfully, post which my device manager stopped showing blackberry ID on when handheld connected using USB. Later, it stopped connecting to internet with error 692. I can see only agree modem, fly modem, etc under control panel -> phone & modem options. When I query modem what has to be written in the initialization fielx ? I had uninstalled device manager but now I am not able to find the program to re-install it Please help. 2 )Also, when blackberry desktop software is installed it tries to get connected to internet for .net web download... this goes on till eternity and then vanishes with blackberry software not working on the laptop.
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Error 692 when using blackberry curve 9380 as modem through USB

Hey atifkashmiri,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you trying to setup the tetjeromg pm a PC or Mac?  Also was tethering setup in the past?  What version of BlackBerry Desktop Software are you currently using?  Do you have a data plan that supports the tethering as well?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!