Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520 V.5
My Carrier: Vodacom

Error 80003 - BB Curve 8520 - App world = ID installation failure

Hi

We have an error on app world - error (80003) - Blackberry Identity installation failed. Please try again later...

We have reinstalled the app world - even updated the ID details on the phone browser.  But now when I go to my BB ID on the phone under settings, it also gives me an error and I cannot update my details.

The error occurred when we were asked to upgrade app world (Version: 3.1.0.58), since the upgrade - everytime I open app world - this error occur please help...

The problem is - I've bought my sister the exact same phone yesterday and she is very disappointed.

She also gets this exact same error.

We stay in South Africa - Timezone: +2 Harare - Pretoria

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Error 80003 - BB Curve 8520 - App world = ID installation failure

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Bifocals

!KB20712 "Error ID: 3300" displays when trying to purchase an application in BlackBerry App World

Cause 1: This is caused when trying to purchase an application without being logged into My World within BlackBerry App World.

Cause 2: This is caused when a PayPal Security Key is added to the PayPal account. BlackBerry App World Does not Support this security feature.

Resolution 1:

The following steps will resolve this error message:

Open BlackBerry App World™ storefront.
Press the Menu key and select My World.
Press the Menu key and select Log In.
Enter a PayPal® username (email address) and password.
Once logged into MyWorld with PayPal credentials try installing the application again.

Resolution 2:
Discontinue the use of the Security Key feature with in Paypal or choose an alternative payment method for BlackBerry Appworld.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Visitor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: vodacom

hi liezel also staying in south africa and got the same problem i deleted app world re-install but still same problem

Visitor
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: vodacom

hi there , try that same mssg that say identity installation failure try again later !!!!! we tried so many times know so i wonder if this phone can fly !!!! if not i will make it fly and hit the wall

My Device: 9300 3g
My Carrier: vodafone

hi there,

after installing this app my app world icon has disappeared and i cant find it,can anyone help in getting it back..

thanks chris

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi there

Doesnt work, cos when you select AppWorld you are immediately told there is a new version for Blackberry Identity available and you need to install it, choose yes or no.  I dont get the option of going to the menu.  I deleted appworld, re-installed it and still getting the same thing.  I have a 9000 bold and kids have 8520's, all the same....

Visitor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: singtel

Hi

could you try to update it using WIFI connection?
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Temp repair to the situation, downgrade to previous version of AppWorld, here is link that helped me,

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-help/256465-help-app-world.html

New Contributor
My Device: Curve - 8520

Hi, I'm also from SA. I've tried everything, but nothing helps.
New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: House wife

Hey everyone I'm also from SA and I have given up with this thing!! Also having the 80003 error with bb app world ID. My husband has the BB 9700 and his is working fine! Its been more then a week that I can't get in to app world!! If I don't get a se lotion soon I will be taking it higher!! This is ridicules!!! My husband is in IT and works allot with his customers BB's and he doesn't even know what to do!!! NEED HELP PLEASE