Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Error 80003 - BB Curve 8520 - App world = ID installation failure

Not even after delete and installing older version from the link? You are rebooting when required?  yawh,

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: House wife

I did everything, but sum how between falling asleep and playing around on my phone I got it to work. Just don't know what I did. I honestly reboot and everything and it didn't want to work. Just wish I knew what I did early this morning.
New Contributor

sweet!

New Contributor

Yeah but now it wants me 2 upgrade again and I'm not going to.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Hi, I am having the same problem, and since there is STILL no solution, let's see what we all have in common. We are all in SA, most likely on Vodacom. We DO NOT have the same model of phone, yet we are all having the same problem. Thus the problem must be software related. Thus the answer can be BB Protect clashing with appworld - So then  you either have to unninstall BB Protect or you have to downgrade app world (as stated earlier) or the problem could lie in the OS itself which should be BB Device tools v5. 

New Contributor

I just saw that I have the previous version of app world, so there is a solution but we can't upgrade app world. I don't think it is software as there is no much diff between MTN, Vodacom, Cell C and Virgin. So its not to do with the network. Blackberry has to look in to this they can't just leave it. I have a 8520 and as you have seen in my previous msg my husband has the 9700 and he is by mtn and had that problem a few months after he got his phone. But he doesn't have BB protect as his phone is backed up on the work server. So its not BB protect. It must be something els.
New Contributor

Agree with you, I have 9000 bold, daughter has 8520, both have BB Protect on and we had issues, other daughter also with 8520 and no BB Protect and she is fine and on the later version of AppWorld, wife is 97whateva and latest Appworld and BB  Protect but she is on BES not BIS...all are vodacom....

New Contributor

So then the problem is with the BIS and not with our network, there was a problem on the BES but got sorted out so they need to look at the BIS and see what is going on.
Contributor
My Device: curve 8250

Good morning- I had the same problem on my curve, what you need to do is find a wi-fi hotspot at a coffee shop or if you got at home. Switch your mobile network off and put the wi-fi on and then do the ID update. Mine was done before my coffee was finished.
New Contributor

I know the difference between wifi and cellular but why would that make a difference, just trying to understand,