Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: nxtl

Error Blackberry ID 80003

After upgrading my bb app world it asks for a Blackberry ID update, but after a while then it gives a error "Blackberry ID installation failed. Please try again later (80003)". I  installed again the bb app word but didn't work. Help please I don't know what to do.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodacom

Re: Error Blackberry ID 80003

TRY THIS - GO TO CONNECTIONS AND SWITCH OFF THE VODACOM NETWORK AND TRY TO DO IT OVER WI-FI ONLY, THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME PROBLEM WITH VODACOM NETWORK, worked for me and a friend of mine and I keep on posting it, but people don't seem to notice my post and keep on using some links to downgrade. If it works for u try to post it too. 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

[ Edited ]

Someone said to downgrade, worked for me. The version I am using now is 3.0.1.29

I went to www.bbh-plus.net/downloads.php?s=506620ab4ade50c6cdb8718cb0fdaf37&do=file&id=2198 on my BlackBerry to download the instalation file. I tried doing it from my PC, to then copy it over to my BB, but that didn't really work.

But before I dowloaded the file I uninstalled my current AppsWorld by going Home - Options - Applications (wait for list to compile and then right upper corner select 'add-on' from the drop down menu). Then scroll down to BB App World, bring up the menu and hit delete.

Download the file and install.

I haven't tried the Wi-Fi route so no comment there.

FYI - Mod. If you delete my link please pm me a pretty good reason why. WE have had no help from BB on this so we have to resort to the community. Mkay!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

How do I do that?? I alos have Vodacom but how do I go abut switching it off and where is Wi Fi????
New Contributor
My Carrier: vodacom

u need to be connected to wireless (wi-fi), if u don't have at home, go to coffee shop, cellphone shop or smthing, find the connection button on the home menu in the BB, when u click on it, u will see vodacom network with a check mark and wi-fi with a check mark( if u r already connected through wi-fi). Uncheck vodacom network and then do the ID identification. Don't forget to go back and check the Vodacon network again afterwards, otherwise u won't b able to make calls. ( Might not say Vodacom, might say only "network").  Hope it works for u too

My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

Open ths link 'https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login?i=575762' and log in. After that try to update 'Blackberry ID' from your device.

**Don't logout until the update is done.**

New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8520
My Carrier: CITIFONE

thankyou very much it worked!!!!!! I have been trying for several days
Visitor
My Carrier: blackberry

After upgrading my bb app world it asks for a Blackberry ID update, but after a while then it gives a error "Blackberry ID installation failed. Please try again later (80003)". I  installed again the bb app word but didn't work. Help please I don't know what to do
New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8520
My Carrier: CITIFONE

You need to use a wireless internet to do this. Turn your internet on your bb off. and then use a wifi conection. Down load again. It worked for me