Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error Code 0x80040057 Check Documentation

Thanks for your suggestion.  However, here's the nutshell.  I had the BB Curve 8310, had synced the device to PC via old BB software.  Installed new V.6 and new BB Bold, tried to import notes from memo pad on Outlook to BB and rec'd above error code...
New Contributor

I recently downloaded the new version software v 4.5 to my 8310.  Everything works fine except that I can not get the sync to work between my 8310 and PC through the Desktop Manager, using Windows XP on my PC.  For some reason, I can not set the sync settings correctly on the Desktop Manager for my OUTLOOK calendar, addresses and taks.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?  Thanks!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

please read past discussions about that error :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&advanced=tr...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

OK, thanks, but I am new to the forum and don't understand what to do to fix the "Windows XP problem" as noted in the email thread.  Do I contact Microsoft for an answer to the problem.  Is there something written about how to sync the 8310 with my PC using Windows XP?  Should I uninstall and reinstall the software?  That seems like more work than it would be worth.  As I noted, the 8310 is working well and the software is a big improvement over the previous version that was on the device.  Thanks.
New Contributor

OK, thanks.  Do you think that the 8310 can by synced to the desktop PC that runs Windows XP?  I would think that it should work!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

it works because I do that every week.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks, that is great to know!  So, what do I do next, is the answer in the email thread, is it fixable by just changing the sync settings, which I have not be able to do, but seems straightforward? 
New Contributor

HI Doug,

I am having trouble synching with Win Calendar.  Can you tell me you found the Windows Calendar as an option to synch' to in the desktop manager, it does not appear as one on mine for some reason.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

D

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Telecommunications senior engineer

Dears,

I have this problem but i could solve it

"The problem was that the file is not saved as comma separated”

First use the windows 7 contacts

Add one contact manually

Export your contact to CSV file