Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Error Encrypting Header (jpg.REM files)

K_MJames wrote:
 If this is the case, would I be able to convert my files back to jpeg from REM by simply trying to revert my OS and then carry out the forementioned suggestions?

Nope, won't work, sorry.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve OS6 9300 3G
My Carrier: Cell C

Hi K_M James

Since I added the post I was never able to remove the rem so over 1500 pics on my phone are jpg.rem STILL...

I have gone through so many different posts doing everything I possibly could... Nothing I did helped...

My advice for the normal user, DON'T put encryption on... Rather use another form of security...

I know its meant to be there to protect your files ect but like in my case where one day from doing absolutely nothing different to ever before, 1500 pics out of over 2000 decided not to decrypt when I put encryption off...

I never ever did a software upgrade, never removed my memory card from my phone, never used my phone with a pc other than to transfer normal everyday simple things...

Because my phone didn't decrypt 1500 pics but did decrypt about 800 out of 2300 that was that, it seems I will never get the 1500 back again, still have all of them just incase my phone decides to decrypt them for some strange reason but kind of given up...

No matter what I try 'error decrypting header' is the be all and end all...

And trust me, no matter how much you search you won't get a programme that decrypts blackberry decryption as they themselves cannot do it...

So my advice is: keep your files safe another way, encryption to me was always great, but not if I am quite clued up with blackberry's and technology and know I didn't do anything out of the norm, I would rather just stay clear...

But I really hope you come right man, and if you do please let me know, lol...

Same goes, if I find a miracle way, ill let you know... Really silly how something to safegaurd your files ends in such a great safegaurd it safegaurds it from you too, lol...

Happy problem solving, I'm done trying, lol, to the point if someone offered me 1Million Moola I would pass up the offer, lol...

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: avea

My ex. blackberry device is broken. 

I have a new device. I copied pictures from ex. device to computer and from computer to new device. I can not open them either in pc or in phone. 

What should I do?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

madatepe wrote:

My ex. blackberry device is broken. 

I have a new device. I copied pictures from ex. device to computer and from computer to new device. I can not open them either in pc or in phone. 

What should I do?

See your other thread:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/rem-files-taken-from-whatssapp-problem-after...

Please don't double post in the forum.. once is enough.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code