Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Error Id: 9300 unable to purchase on app world on my BB Torch 9800

Well Maestrocsf, it worked for me, I just wanted the other ppl 2 just give a try, u don't have 2 be a big baby about it. Every post I see here they all say error, error, error n no posts saying they purchased via a VISA card. I didn't put it 4 u, I put this post 4 the other ppl dats having this problem, if 1 or 2 ppl can purchase, den its 1 or 2 ppl with out the error.
Contributor
My Device: 8520, 9700, 9780, 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DiGi Malaysia

Nireshs. Good for u man. Wish u can solve the problem for me. Have tried almost every method including cancelling the old VISA for a new one just for this purpose. Tried for almost 7 months now.
Contributor

Actually the only time it worked for me was when I flew into Singapore for business. Prior to that I was informed by my Singapore colleagues that they had no problem purchasing.
True enough the moment I landed in Singapore airport I had my BB on and the first thing I noticed the currency of my AppWorld changed to Singapore currency. I was able to purchase from AppWorld all the apps I wanted without altering anything in the PayPal nor Visa settings.
Of course the moment I returned to my country purchase not possible anymore. That period in Singapore allowed me to get a lot of apps.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom

Yes I read ur previous post, u lucky 2 even go 2 Singapore. I'm from Durban, I've been trying 2 purchase for almost a year now. I'm using a Gold Cheque Card n da new app world, now its working like a charm
Contributor

I learnt from my Foreign Exchange friends the problem is related to the recognition of a country's foreign exchange status in the world and of the prevalence of credit card fraud from the affected country. The recognition of this problem of course has to with RIM.
I wonder how true it is regarding the foreign exchange/credit card thing. But RIM is not making any comments, if it were true I gues it is just trying to protect its interests on the one hand and not offend the affected goverments on ther other.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16G
My Carrier: maxis

Windows Phone solve the problem of buying apps by introducing Windows  Prepaid App Card.

https://windowsphone.promo.eprize.com/redemptionprogram/:b=chrome/?affiliate_id=WPPromo

If only RIM can be innovative enough....

My Device: BB torch 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

RIM sucks **bleep** in Mexico and judging by these posts it sucks everywhere.... their service is terrible and now i cant even buy apps...WTF!? i want to spend money on your apps and i cant PAY!

i would switch to apple if i didnt have a contract with you retards.