09-27-2010 01:33 PM
I recently installed the latest update to the desktop software for my Curve 8330. Now, everytime I sync, I get error message 0x83860028. The process hangs up slightly and then continues. However, I find that the calendar is not syncing at all. This has been happening since Sept. 17. I am not sure if it is a bad bit of data that hangs it up or a software issue. I cannot seem to find this error message anywhere. This is a shared calendar in Outlook 2007. My OS on the computer is Vista. I was able to sync up until that point. Any fixes or help??
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-28-2010 03:48 AM
Similar problem for me except that when the error message appears the sync hangs permanently - using Windows 7 64-bit
Problem only occurred today (last sync Sept 23rd)
The error message says refer to documentation - there isn't any.
10-05-2010 08:10 PM
Same problem here. I have a BlackBerry Curve 8330. It syncs fine on my desktop running Windows 7 x64, but it will not sync on my laptop also running Windows 7 x64.
I get the 0x83860028 when syncing error message.
I attempted to uninstall the software and reinstall the software, but when I attempt to do that, I get an Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action.
I tried registering the vbscript.dll as recommended by a few other posts. It did not help. I also tried right clicking and running as administrator to reinstall the software. Also to no avail.
Would love to know if anyone has found a solution.
10-14-2010 01:10 PM
I am experiencing the same "0x83860028" error message, with a check documentation submessage. I am running a Bold 9700 and syncing to Outlook running on Windows 7. I have just experienced this message today after several months of trouble-free syncing. Nothing syncs....
10-28-2010 10:28 PM
There is no documentation on this crazy error code. But, I think I figured this out. I down loaded the latest version of desktop software to my desktop - running Aug 25, 2010 bundle 47. I am running 64 bit Windows 7, new PC. I received the error 0x83860028. I went into "Organizer" and clicked on the "Reset Settings" button. I then reconfigured the settings to sync e-mail and calendar only.
I then re-ran the sync and it worked. I am no techie but found this with luck. Good luck.
10-29-2010 12:56 PM
That worked!!! I even talked to one of the sales people at the Verizon store who was a Blackberry Guru and he couldn't figure it out. By the way, another site to look at is www.crackberry.com. It has apps, downloads, etc and a users forum as well.
11-08-2010 09:03 PM
Thanks for the tip
For me, it just worked next time after resetting...so, I need to reset settings everytime I woud sync...
Does everyone knows ho wto fix definetly.