Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Safaricom

Error Message 354

I recently acquired a blackberry storm 9530 from a friend which had a problem. It would hang while in my pocket. I looked in several blackberry support forums where I was advised to update the Operating System. I started the process and it did not complete and every time I have tried since, the phone screen flashes white and all I have been able to make out is the error code 354. It does not stay connected for more than 19 seconds after which the computer indicates that “the USB device connected has malfunctioned”.

I have tried running the application loader software on Windows 7 and a Windows XP platform but the problem still exists. How can this be rectified?

Any solutions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Error Message 354

Hey ndutamwathi,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Have a look at the following article on how to force the detection of the BlackBerry® smartphone using Application Loader to reload the OS http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144.

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!