Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Error Message: Phone Not Allowed MM6

Hey,

I've got an 8310 that shows the above error message when a SIM is inserted. I wiped the device and reset the IT policy to factory defaults and have been stuck with that message ever since. The unit isn't stolen and has no subsidy lock. It recognizes various SIMs, but it won't connect to a network, just shows SOS. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll be phoning Roger's tech support tomorrow, but I'd like to think I can fix it myself.Thanks for reading.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error Message: Phone Not Allowed MM6

make sure you have the most up-to-date software. master radio reset then pull the battery. when the phone comes back up turn on the mobile network. if your still getting the sos it would need to be either a replacment sim or replacment device
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: verizon

Phone Not Allowed MM6 message may appear if your blackberry locked to a network in this case you have to unlock it. to get your blackberry unlocked, enter here and follow instructions step by step , also this message may appear if your blackberry is barred or blacklisted then you have to call your service provider .

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: R2000

did you get any answers about the error message coz my phone does the same
Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

My phone does the, its a Vodafone 8900 bought it from someone, when I was in South Africa with the Vodacom line that MM6 came up! How can I get it fixed? Discovered the phone might be reported as stolen. How can this be fixed? Can't get a direct answer on that one
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: me

Hey, I bought my phone one month ago, and today sudnly it displayed on the screen "phone not allowed mm6" ...
Developer

You bought a stolen device. The owner reported it and it got network blocked. If you had warranty its better to return it and get a new one
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
New Contributor

It is ab rand new phone, I was the fisrt user.
New Contributor

It is a brand new phone, I was the first user.
Developer

I'd recommend you to return it and get a new one. Maybe someone registered under their name before you.

Try my apps: