Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

BNS
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Error Message : Reload Software 513

I know various people are going to direct me to previous threads and topics about this, but i can assure you that ive checked and scoured the internet to no avail.

To cut a long story short, I plugged my Curve into the computer, it asked me for a device password, i didnt know what it was, i tried various things, and due to my stupidty i entered the wrong password 10 times and didnt take none of the warnings seriously. My phone then wiped itself and left me wit the message Reload Software 513

After searching for a solution for this, i didn't really have much luck. Mainly because the desktop manager i was using (v4.7) was different to the one other people had used and even different to the one a KPB was showing me on the solution centre bit.

I got off the  phone to an 02 helpline who then tried to instruct me the same way this website had tried too. They think the problem is because i do not have the latest Desktop Manager V5 or something.

If anyone can talk me through what to do, or has any help, it would be greatly greatly appreciated

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Error Message : Reload Software 513

[ Edited ]

Load the OS for the 8900 to your device (check your mobile provider website.

Or load it from the link below, and follow the directions from the link below:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8900-series-discussion-javelin/193197-latest-os-8900-4-6-1-3...

If your BlackBerry will not connect, You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

Message Edited by JSanders on 08-24-2009 08:25 AM
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
BNS
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

thank you for replying, i am really helpless with these things, so im going to need a lot more breaking down than your average bb user.. So i download the software for the 8320? or for my curve model 8900 when it asks me?

and what exactly do i check on my mobile provider website??

and then from there i think i can follow the instructions on the link, but that is my first stumbling block

Message Edited by BNS on 08-24-2009 08:13 AM
Message Edited by BNS on 08-24-2009 08:16 AM
BNS
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

and by me downloading this 8320 OS and not the 8900 am i losing out on anything?

sorry for not mentioning but i have a 8900 curve

Message Edited by BNS on 08-24-2009 09:12 AM

No, sorry, I don't know why I assumed you had an 8320 Curve.

I have edited my post above to the 8900 link and software.

Forget about the 8320... my mistake (though it would not have loaded to your 8900, so no worries there).

Download the OS. Find the downloaded *.exe file and double click on it to install it to you PC.

Follow the directions in the link... step by step.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
BNS
New Contributor

brilliant

thank you for your help..

one last thing, where can i find my device password for my BB?

isit 0000, 1234, or blackberry? bearing in mind i havent had any passwords on my BB before

There is no default password for the BlackBerry... it is whatever you have it set to.

You would know the password if it is your device.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: BOLD 9000

Hello,

I have tried EVERYTHING, you have mentioned.

My problem came about when a friend through BBM sent me a link to download 5.0 upgrade. I did this it didn't work so I tried a few times.

Next thing I release is that the BBM icon was missing.

so I followed all forum advice, got it back on my Blackberry but other things like Facebook and a few other applications were missing.

so I decided to go through the whole process again and this time the Desktop Manager was asking for a password. I assumed it meant my device password and put it in several times. This was not the right password as I released I hadn't set one.

the screen then went white and started to wipe everything.

I am now left with the above message 'Reload software 513'.

I have followed advice from downloading a Bold Firm ware application, and other things but nothing works.

now my desktop does not even recognize my device and when I plug it in, it will bring up my Pin but will then say no software available.

I would really like to solve this as I was told by my phone people which is the Carphone Warehouse, that it will take 2-4 weeks to repair.

I've seen replies by people who have done it in 15 mins.

is there anything else I can do to fix this problem.

in replying please use the proper words as I really don't understand everything right now as I am having a Crackberry breakdown.

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: no

My Device: BlackBerry Bold

Hi There!

I've had the exact same problem but with my Blackberry Bold please could you help me? Also the software your meant to download is it free? Thanks Smiley Happy