07-31-2011 02:51 AM
Im a new BB user and im having some problems downloading the software on my PC. Once successfully downloaded, I keep getting an error message that says: "BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close."
Does anyone know the fix to this? Please help!
07-31-2011 04:08 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums!
Help us help you! We need the following information:
1) Make and model of your PC / MAC
2) What version of Windows or MAC OS do you have installed
3) What version of the Blackberry Desktop software is installed.
4) What version of the Blackberry device OS is installed and available
the the desktop software.
How to find the installation log files for BlackBerry Desktop Software
KB05143 How to turn on BlackBerry Desktop Manager connection logging
KB25581 Desktop Software closes unexpectedly
KB13801 "Unknown Error Reported" appears when synchronization settings
are configured in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
KB10340 "BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." during the synchronization process
08-01-2011 12:52 AM
Thanks for the reply back. So here's the information that you were inquiring about:
1. I have a Sony Laptop - Model #PCG-7F1L
2. Windows XP
3. Trying to download the Blackberyy Desktop Software for a PC (but cannot open it as the error message 'BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close' keeps appearing and closing the program.)
I tried to follow the link that you provided for this message, but the solution it was showing required me to have the desktop software open so that i could change something in their settings.
Anyways, i hope you have a better idea on what the solution may be as im stumped! Ive removed the program from my computer and even tried to reinstall it twice with no success
08-01-2011 08:07 PM
When you select the download are you saving it as a file on your PC or are you executing the file from the website?
The best way is saving the file to the PC, then installing the program.
Here is the down load link from Blackberry: