Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Error code 0x80040fb3

Worked great man, thanks sooo much. I just spent 5 plus hours on this, so I really appreciate it. Thanks again for posting your findings.

My Device: 8703e

Following the advice of others I determined that it was my calendar causing the problem.  I then did the following based on the advice from others.

1. Configure - Syncronization - Calendar - Switched to One Way - Outlook to BB.  I will test both ways again, but this worked for now.

3. Advanced Tab

2. Map Fields

3.  Removed mappings for BB fields:  Free/Busy and Attendees

4.  I have many calendar events that I have either invited others to attend or they have invited me.  I ensured that their addresses were in my contacts.  I did both of these things at once, so I can't tell for sure if the addition of one key email address helped, but after adding it and doing the above, the one way sync worked fine.

Thanks to all who have worked on this.

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Thank you for the info, but what is an advanced registry?

Highlighted
My Device: World Edition 8830
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Can you please  let me know how you found which record was corrupt so you could fix the problem.

Thanks

Michael

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Etisalat

The easiest solution to this is to go into configure settings and change the data set (calendar, addressbook, memopad, tasks) synchronise format from a two way synchronise to a 1 way synchronise.

Choose to synchronise from the one that does not have the problem to the one that has the problem. Once you have done this, you can go back in and reconfigure the process so that a two-way sync is re-established.

The only downside with this is that if you have regularly updated the data on the side (device/ outlook) which is causing the problems then you may lose some data – but this loss will be minimal. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I hate to sound stupid, where is the log file?  I trying to figure out what is in record 127 that is having a problem  unable to find the log file.  Can you help me?  using windows vista and blackbery desktop 6 with outlook 2007 and a blackberry torch

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

[ Edited ]

rpozzi wrote:

I hate to sound stupid, where is the log file?  I trying to figure out what is in record 127 that is having a problem  unable to find the log file.  Can you help me?  using windows vista and blackbery desktop 6 with outlook 2007 and a blackberry torch

Thanks

I just received my Torch today and moving data over from my old Bold.

I'm having this exact same problem. I've tried nailing down the culprit by toggling each of Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book, and Tasks. It's definitely failing on the Address Book using MS Outlook. I've further tried filtering so only a few contacts are trying to synchronize; This still fails.

So, where can I go from here? Where is this "log file" located? Is there a way to bump up the debug level of the BB Desktop software so it'll provide more information on what it's failing on?

If anyone could chime in and help out it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-Gregg

Update: 5 Minutes later... Found where the log fie is located. Under Windows 7, it's in \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry Desktop\Logs. I'll see if I can figure this one out from these logs... But if anyone has further info please let us all know. Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Resolved...

Here's what I did to fix it (after playing around with it for several hours)...

Previously, I restored selected data (contacts, memopad, tasks, calendar) from my old device. I _was_ trying to tell the desktop software to overwrite all contacts. This kept failing.

So, to resolve it, I wound up wiping all the data, doing a one-way transfer of each category (calendar, memopad, address book, tasks) from MS Outlook -> device, and going back into it and changing it to a two-way transfer.

I have all my data in it -- I'm happy...

BTW, it STILL failed if I kept the one-way transfer from MS Outlook -> Device active when there were already contacts stored on the device. I think there's a bug with the software...

-Gregg

Visitor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having the same problem. I try and sync my calendar and I get the error message at record 191. I've deleted any appointments that had a conflict from Outlook, and I'm not sure how else to figure out which record 191 is. RIM has been absolutely useless when it comes to this problem. I wouldn't even know where to start counting as some other people have suggested. If any one has any suggestions, they would be very welcome!

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with RIM after downloading a software update for version 6.0, which made me get this error message 0x80040fb3 when synching and also caused me to lose all of my 1900 contacts, except for one, which displayed five times.

The tech helped me solve the problem, which I see as three issues. I wrote to his supervisor to point them out.

One is that when I downloaded the update and installed version 6, version 5 did not uninstall. The chaos resulting from having two versions of Desktop Manager undoubtedly causes disruptions for many customers. There is no way a customer like myself would be aware that the device has more than one version unless instructed by an advanced technician to check for this possibility and be guided in how to remove the offending old version. In my case, after uninstalling version 5 did not work, the tech had me remove version 6 and then re-install it. The average customer cannot arrive at this "uninstall two versions and re-install the latest version" solution on their own.

A second issue is that, unlike customers who have photos attached to their contacts, and whose comments in the Blackberry forums referred to removing the photos, I did not. It took careful review of my 1900 contacts to discover that several contacts had no first and last name, an issue readily corrected, but again, invisible to the ordinary user. RIM must fix this, not customers.

Third, a few contacts had more than one email. The device found these difficult to handle. Under the tech's guidance, I located them. I fixed the problem by moving the second email to the notes section of the contact. Again, this is a programming issue for RIM, not for customers.

Perhaps other readers can perform these adjustments on their own, without performing five Security Wipes and spending 2.5 hours talking to RIM.