Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100
Accepted Solution

Error code 0x80040fb3

Hi, anyone know what this message is?  I get it when I try to synchronise with my Outlook calendar "Error encountered.  Error code - 0x80040fb3.  Check documentation"  Any help would be very much appreciated as I cant sync without removing the error.  Cheers.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: Error code 0x80040fb3

Check out:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14818&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=58813034&stateId=0%200%2058811881 

CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100

Many thanks for your help.  I found the error was in the calendar rather than contacts so I deleted the last two days and re-synched and it seem to work.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I as well am getting this message, I am not syncing my address book....so it must be my calendar.....how can i find out what is causing it.......this is a brand new blackberry and i would really like to get this corrected so i can use it. 

PLEASE HELP!

I had the similiar problem where this error would occur when syncing my Calendar.  I found that the Calendar entries where other people were invited (where I had clicked on "Add Invitees"), failed on import.  The process I took was just setting up one basic Calendar entry with a subject, location, time and location....until I eventually found what broke it.

Hope it helps.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Little Stamp girl,

Remove all pictures accociated in your address book, one could be corrupt.

Meet you back in your post Smiley Happy

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

I finally got this resolved...It took 1 call and being transferred to 3 people (Verizon tier 1 support, then Tier 2 support, then straight on to BB support) and about 3 hours, but I got it resolved one of the records in my calendar was corrupt.  I ran an advanced logging to figure out which record...

Guru I

Good for you, sorry we couldn't get it doe here, but it wasn't from lack of trying Smiley Happy

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

It ok.......as long at i got it fixed....

So back to my other post....any news Smiley Happy

Guru I

Sorry I slept since then, what forum?? Smiley Happy