Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Error during device import

I am trying to transfer information from Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 to my new Blackberry Curve 8320 using the Device Transfer Wizard. The the Palm device and Palm Desktop are in sync, the Blackberry Desktop Manager and Palm Desktop both load normally, the Blackberry Desktop recognizes my device properly, and the wizard starts importing calendar records then hangs at record 2416 of 2625 records; at this point, both the Blackberry and Palm software become "not responding." I have tried multiple times and get the same result. Any suggestions?
New Contributor

Re: Error during device import

I had the exact same problem, stopping at 5964 of 6497. How did you get it to work? Were you able to find out which record it was to fix it? Help!
New Contributor

Any luck finding a solution.  I had the same problem!!!
New Contributor

Did you have any luck resolving this?  I am having exactly the same problem....
New Contributor

I ended up having to delete the calendar items from Palm that did not have an Intellisync Record ID attached to them. You can find this record ID by looking in your Palm calendar and there will be a note attached to your item. In my case, they were usually the recurring calendar events that had been altered. An example: fitness class every week on Monday, where I deleted the class that fell on Memorial Day. When the sync finally worked, I had to input those deleted items into the Blackberry. Good Luck!
New Contributor

I am having exactly the same problem (stops after 6001 out of 6478 records) but do not understand how to detect which records have Intellisync.  (I am using Pam 4.1.4 and transferring data to Blackberry Bold.)
New Contributor

On my Palm desktop, for each item, either on the calendar or memos or tasks or contacts, I noticed there was a note added in the Palm desktop information after my first attempt at the sync. It said: Intellisync Record ID {  }; the information inside the brackets is a very long number/letter combination. I was also using Palm 4.1.4 version. If one of my items on Palm desktop did not have one of these record numbers, I deleted it out of Palm and did the sync again. It took a while (about a week) to find the items and I knew it had to be in the calendar because the sync did not get past that part. Once I deleted those items, the sync kept going until it was done. The other alternative was to purge all the data to within a month, and I did not want to do that. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Where was this information on the Intellisync Record ID provided?  I cannot find any such information indicating a record number.