Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

'Error encountered during XML parse: Processing instruction target may not be 'XML'

This is happening when I am viewing some webpages, in particular forums and and webpages that allow me to message.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can rectify this?

Many thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 'Error encountered during XML parse: Processing instruction target may not be 'XML'

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Websites can be coded to perform better with some browsers rather than others. The BB Browser can appear to websites as several different things...that setting is, from within the Browser App, (BBKey > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification). Changing that to another browser might help your BB interact better with some websites. In combination with all of the other configuration settings, you need to find the combination of all of these settings that works best for the sites you are visiting. Sadly, there is no "best advice" to give as each persons needs are different. But, I typically find that changing the Browser Identification often helps -- most often by changing to FF or IE (if those are available to you...the options vary by carrier).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Re: 'Error encountered during XML parse: Processing instruction target may not be 'XML'

I have changed my browser configuration the options available are Games, internet browser, o2 Active and hotspot browser.

The most obvious choice to me was my carrier's service, but when I change to that I am no longer directed straight to the blackbery homepage.

I'll be honest, I was hoping this phone would be clever enough to set itself up better than this, but I keep having niggly little problems and can't find any basic tutorial as to what I need to do to get it running properly. Hopefully someone here can help me!

(Please keep responses in plain English otherwise I won't understand!)

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

so_confused wrote:

I have changed my browser configuration the options available are Games, internet browser, o2 Active and hotspot browser.

The most obvious choice to me was my carrier's service, but when I change to that I am no longer directed straight to the blackbery homepage.

I'll be honest, I was hoping this phone would be clever enough to set itself up better than this, but I keep having niggly little problems and can't find any basic tutorial as to what I need to do to get it running properly. Hopefully someone here can help me!

(Please keep responses in plain English otherwise I won't understand!)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Well, in plain English, there simply are no "best" settings that work for everyone. Everyone is unique, and uses their unique set of services. And it is that set of services that dictate the proper combination of settings for that user. For this specific issue, I suggest you keep trying and find that combination that works for you. No one else can duplicate it for you unless you tell them all of the different things that you are attempting.

As for those "niggly little problems"...if they are not the same as this issue, then by all means ask away...that's why we volunteer here...to try and help folks get the best they can out of their BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9520
My Carrier: O2

Thanks Sdgardne for this post this solved my issue with respect to my storm. I am trying to find a way to link your answer to my thread... I guess copy and paste the link is the best way 

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Mobinil

HI, i'm getting a similar error message 

"Error encountered during XML parse: Enexpected end of file"

i tried to use the same technique of changing the browser but it didnt help.

what drives me crasy is that i have never had this problem before!!!

also, i'm not able to play any youtube videos on my BB Curve 8520, it direct me to the media player then gives an error message that a problem was encountered!!!

can you pls help me with this issue

Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: college

how do i fix this? i try going on my facebook and its coming up that Smiley Sad how do i fix it please help!