Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Wind Telecomunicazioni Spa

Re: Error from BlackBerryID and Protect

Hi SDGARDNE and thanks for your help.

So, now I'm ready to follow your advice for reinstalling BBOS, as BBID doesn't work in any condition.

I feel more confortable used to 1st procedure; not BBSAK or Bare Bones.

I'm going to use Win XP.

Before starting and mistake I have several question:

1- when I'll finish (I hope all ok!) can I'll Restore all data from last backup or in this case its imported also BBID with error?

2- there is the possibility to losing all or part of my data as email, address book or old telephone file?  [all other App I'll download newly]

3- I have my device upgrade to the last OS version, so I have to follow step 6a or 6b?

Thanks in advance for your HELP, yet

Giuliano

Giuliano
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

giuliano1969 wrote:

I feel more confortable used to 1st procedure; not BBSAK or Bare Bones.

That's the best order to go in anyway...if the pure OS reload doesn't work, then you consider the more drastic methods.

giuliano1969 wrote:

1- when I'll finish (I hope all ok!) can I'll Restore all data from last backup or in this case its imported also BBID with error?

I don't think that a full restore will cause a problem. But, before you restore, make sure that you have your BBID working fully.

giuliano1969 wrote:

2- there is the possibility to losing all or part of my data as email, address book or old telephone file?  [all other App I'll download newly]

There is always a possibility...there are no guarantees. If you back up correctly and fully, then you should not lose anything. But, all I can say is "should"...I cannot guarantee.

giuliano1969 wrote:

3- I have my device upgrade to the last OS version, so I have to follow step 6a or 6b?

I have no way to know what "the last OS version" is. Hence, you will need to verify.

• If the OS package you download and install to your PC (step 4) is the exact same one that you are presently running on your BB, then you must use 6b.
    But, if that OS package is different form what you are presently running on your BB, then you can use either 6a or 6b.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thanks, thanks and thanks again!!!

The solution has been reached in a different way from your advice, but reacheble, in this passes:

1-backed-up all data with DM

2-choosing from available App in DM Documentogo to install

3- push APPLY in DM

4- DM has automatically installed DocumentToGo, downloaded new OS compatible, reset my App, Restore last Backup, inizialized BLACKBERRY and restart it!!!

I love BLACKBERRY  

All email, BBID, AppWorld Bbm and device config and so on are ok.

I have to solve only last problem.

I have 2 identical address book linked to a the same MAIN email account.

How can I delete only one address book mainteining the other one???

Thanks

Giuliano

Giuliano
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Given that this post is the very first time you have mentioned DocumentsToGo, I never would have guessed at such a solution for you. But I'm glad you figured one out that worked.

giuliano1969 wrote:

I have to solve only last problem.

I have 2 identical address book linked to a the same MAIN email account.

How can I delete only one address book mainteining the other one???

So, did this problem exist before, and remains now? Did it not exist before, but has appeared now? And how exactly are you seeing this problem please? Complete description please...from "linked to the same MAIN email account", I cannot tell what you are seeing on your screen, and where you are seeing it.

Let us know.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

The problem of double address book there were before and after persist.

From 4 email address I have, one of this is associated to address book. As normal is.

About MAIN email I have wrong the expression of; Don't consider it.

Thanks.

Befor wiping device I had 2 address book similar, and now yet.

Thanks  

Giuliano
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

From your words, I still do not quite understand. Therefore, rather than my trying to understand, I'll instead direct you to the public databases of information that you can search...starting perhaps with this article:

• KB19704 Multiple Address Book contact lists are created on a BlackBerry smartphone causing issues with synchronization

You can also, from that same page, search for other articles that might be accurate for your situation.

Good luck!